Directions: From Boston Area:
- Interstate 95 to I-495.
- Take exit 75- Auburn, Maine.
- After tollgate, turn left onto Route 4 towards Auburn.
- Stay on Route 4 through Livermore Falls, Farmington, Strong and Rangeley. (approx. 88 miles).
- Continue through Rangeley towards Oquossoc.
- At Jct. of 4 and 16 turn right on 16 for about 4 miles to Cupsuptic Fire Warden Station.
- Look on right for Grant’s sign and the road to the gate.
From the West:
- Interstate 91 South or North to St. Johnsbury, VT.
- Take Route 2 East.
- At Jct. of 2 and 18 bear left on 2 to Lancaster, NH.
- At Jct. of 2 and 3, turn left onto Rte. 3 to Groveton, NH.
- (careful!) Stay on Rte. 110 to West Milan, NH.
- Slow down just over bridge and look for 110A on left.
- Take 110A to Rte. 16 to Errol, NH.
- Stay on 16 through Wilson’s Mills, Maine, about 10 miles.
- Look for Cupsuptic Lake
- Then Cupsuptic Fire Warden Station on the right.
- On the left is Grant’s sign and the road to the gate.
At the Gate:
Stop and give your name to the gate keeper. He will have your name and let you through. Stay on the dirt road, 9 miles to camp. Look for signs at forks. Go slowly…speed limit is 30 mph and you may encounter moose, deer or logging trucks.
Driving times to Grant’s Kennebago Camps
From Boston, MA, 231 miles, 5 hours
From Hartford, CT, 328 miles, 6.5 hours
From New York, NY, 445 miles, 8.75 hours
From Baltimore, MD, 635 miles, 11.75 hours
From Philadelphia, PA, 548 miles, 10.5 hours
From Washington, DC, 675 miles, 12.5 hours
From Albany, NY, 375 miles, 7.25 hours
From Bar Harbor, ME, 189 miles, 4.75 hours
From Freeport, ME, 110 miles, 3.25 hours
From St. Johnsbury, VT, 120 miles, 3 hours
From Manchester, NH, 220 miles, 4.75 hours